GLAMR Tourism part 2
I spent an amazing 5 weeks in USA, UK and Europe. During that time I was fortunate to catch up with some ace GLAMR folk and visit some amazing GLAMR institutions. These include:
- The Wellcome Collection - quirky, challenging and beautiful artefacts. A lovely museum in London
- Vatican Museums - stunning collection of art from Roman-modern times with Renaissance art to cry over
- Academia & Uffizi Galleries - Michelangelo's David and stunning Caravaggios and Botticellis
- TATE modern - a room full of Rothkos and the most amazing aural piece by Janet Cardiff's with Salisbury Cathedral choir singing a 16th century choral work
- Musee d'Orsay - impressionist extravaganza and stunning building
- Giverny and Monet's garden - I can't adequately describe the incredible feeling of standing in Monet's garden as the light filters through the trees onto the pond and the water lilies.
I find it hard to believe now that I am back at work. It was the trip of the life time. Art, history and culture. Woo hoo! I love working in the GLAMR sector!